Pages

1.19.2011

birthmark

Dear Lydda Grace,

Tonight you found your birthmark. We were in Mama and Daddy's room and you said, "I'm going to look in the mirror!" and then, "What's that??" and you pointed to the little spot up under your chin. I'm really not even sure how you saw it.

I told you it was a little spot you have had since you were born. I showed you my birthmark on my arm. Then I told you that that little spot was extra special and that it is one of the things that makes you, Lydda Grace Wylie, so wonderful.

You looked up at me and BEAMED, pointed up under your chin and said, "Tell me 'bout that 'gain." So I did.

Lydda Grace, I hope you grow up knowing that every little thing about you that makes you different and unique is there because God made YOU just the way you are. And He made you that way for a reason. Baby, your Daddy and I love every inch of you and it's hard to fathom that God's love for you is even greater.

Love you lots,
Mama

1 comment:

Kami said...

I am holding back tears! That is so sweet and special. Oh, praise God for your very true and encouraging words to your precious daughter.