Pages

7.08.2011

4th of July weekend

As Jon mentioned before he "kicked us out" for the 4th of July weekend so he could work in peace and quiet on his dissertation. It worked out really well as the kids and I had a fun time at the lake.
At first LG was a little hesitant in the water and didn't want to let go of Pop Pop or Mama, but as she got used to it she turned into a little fish! At one point she figured out that if she kept her mouth closed she wouldn't swallow water and the realization in her eyes was priceless!
Wade was never very keen on the lake, he enjoyed the boat though and playing on the screened porch.
Our 4th was very restful. The only downside of the weekend was when I dove into the lake still wearing my glasses! They are somewhere at the bottom of the lake and I'm even more thankful that Lord willing I'll be getting LASIK in about a month!
Here are some pics of our trip... I find that I get much fewer when I don't have Jon with me on trips!

Lydda Grace never tires of reading. We "rediscovered" some old books this weekend that she loved!

Watching the birds out the window, "bir" was a new word for the Wadester!

This had to be a highlight for LG! We played Candyland and she LOVED it! Her favorite part, other than winning (which she did EVERY game we played and we seriously did nothing give her an advantage at all!!).... anyway, her other favorite part was getting "stuck" on the squares with black dots. She would see one coming and get so excited that she might get "stuck"... I love her innocence!
We played another card game from when I was little, aptly named "My First Card Game" She needed extra help with that one but still really enjoyed it.
Look at that tongue! She is her daddy's girl!

No comments: