Pages

3.15.2011

sick


** I just realized I never published this post that I started back on March 3**

We are coming out of the sickness and it has been nasty!

I came down with it Monday night... the stomach flu... and I was experiencing every aspect of the illness... to put it nicely. Tuesday morning when Jon got Wade up we realized he had thrown up in the night and then it moved to the other end for another 24 hours. He bounced back very quickly and for the most part just took good naps, cuddled a lot and exploded some diapers. I think part of the worst of it was the fatigue I have never been so wiped out in my life.

Wednesday morning I got Lydda Grace up and she said, "Where's Dada?" I told her he was still in bed, that he was sick now, and she started crying! "I don't want Dada to get sick!" Jon came to reassure her that he would be fine. Throughout this sickness she has repeatedly asked us "are you better?" or "are you a yidda (little) better?" Her care and concern are too sweet. Especially when she kissed my knee and told me I was "all better."

It's now Thursday night. I feel almost back to normal, Wade is fine and Jon is still coming out of it. We keep reminding ourselves how blessed we are and keep being thankful, in all the sickness and sadness of the world this was nothing. Thank you Jesus for a happy and healthy family!!!

No comments: