Pages

9.20.2010

this is a really long blog post

I'm imagining once we close on the house on Thursday that things are going to be a little exciting for a while and I'm not counting on getting lots of blog posts done. So I better get caught up while I can!

Last Sunday LG woke up from her nap with a fever. She kept saying her "teeth hurt" which we decided meant her throat and that was the closest body part she could identify. She got checked out when we took Wade for his 4 month checkup on Monday and with a little medicine and rest and some popsicles she is good as new. This was the first time she has been sick that she has been able to verbally tell us that she feels bad and it was so sad!
Tuesday night we left for Chapin so Jon could try to get in the Chick-fil-a top 100 for the store opening nearby. He didn't make it..... but he got lots of studying done on Wednesday and managed to squeeze in some lake time too. Thursday, Jon and I took Wade and headed to Charlotte to celebrate our 5th anniversary! We went to IKEA (had never been, I felt like I was going to an amusement park), had Cheesecake Factory for lunch and stopped at Mary Jo's on the way home. It was a fun day and Wade was a trooper.Friday was our actual anniversary and we celebrated by packing A LOT for our new house, went to Home Depot, and ate lunch at the dining hall on-campus! haha! (they have an ice cream sundae bar on Fridays... need I say more!)Lydda Grace came home from BeBe and PopPop's on Sunday. We missed her terribly but definitely got SO much more done than we would have if she had been here. She had a great time with them; the zoo, riding on the boat, and hearing BeBe play the bells at church were highlights.
So now we are sort of just waiting and packing and buying paint and trying to keep Lydda Grace occupied since I packed up too many of her toys too early! We close on the house on Thursday. Are having a painting party on Saturday and are officially moving out the following Thursday. We can't wait! Please pray for a smooth closing and for the overall busyness we're dealing with right now. Jon is working both his old job and new job, taking a tough class, preparing for comps and trying to keep reading for his dissertation, even apart from the house stuff. We are so thankful for the wonderful support of family and friends!!!

We love you all!

1 comment:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

I'm so happy to hear that the house worked out!!! I can't wait to see pics! Wish I could be there to help! I will be praying, though.