Pages

9.28.2010

house drama

So we closed on our house last Thursday.... it was a great day, we were super excited. Went and bought the paint that night and took all our cleaning stuff over. I headed over Friday morning and started cleaning, taking off outlet face plates, taping to prep for painting, etc.

Early afternoon our realtor called. After all the ups and downs of this process there was another down... a BIG down.... the house wasn't ours. Apparently, being a short sale, something or other wasn't approved from the seller's lender so the closing wasn't official. We signed everything, paid our money and got the key... but the house wasn't ours.

I cried, we called people, we prayed, we called more people, I met with our closing attorney. Lydda Grace asked me to draw a picture of our new house on the magna-doodle and I cried more. It was not a great day.

We waited all weekend.

Monday evening we found out that our HUD was approved! All the paperwork still had to be redone but we were good to go. This morning we found out that we are REclosing tomorrow!! Praise the Lord!!

It has been a crazy ride, and we think it's almost over.... maybe... hopefully! I am starting to wonder how long it's going to take for me to really believe that this home is for real!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I wish I could give you a big HUG! What a crazy last few days! I will pray that all goes well with this second closing. (We also had a crazy short-sale closing experience)

I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!
Rose