Pages

4.23.2010

baby shower fun

Sadly I did a REALLY bad job with pictures of our baby showers.... i.e. forgetting my camera. We have been so blessed by the gifts and generosity of friends!

Last week Amy (aka Zoey's mom) had a shower with friends from church and I had a wonderful time! I think my favorite part was just having a chance to hang out with other women for the evening and talk!! (Thankfully Amy DID take some pictures so we have proof... I got them off facebook so not sure why they are so tiny....)Yesterday Jon's colleagues had a shower for us on-campus and it was fun because Jon and Lydda Grace got to come to this one! Lydda Grace did really well, she helped us open a few gifts but she didn't seem to think it was "all about her" as much as I was expecting. Again we were blessed with lots of super helpful gifts (diapers!!! yay!!!).

I think one of the best parts of both showers were how cute they were decorated. Amy floated pink and blue rubber ducks in the punch bowl which is an idea I am totally stealing sometime. And Helen and Michael used lots of useful things like wipes and baby lotion along with tissue paper and ribbon to make some practical but cute decorations. Also, Marijohn and Andy made a super cute nightlight. Everyone is so creative and I love getting new ideas!!

So even though I don't have a ton of pictures we will always remember and be grateful to everyone for helping us prepare for and welcome this precious baby!

No comments: