Pages

5.23.2009

Connecting the head with the heart

Today I am at NACURH and the battery on my computer still has some battery so I thought I would do a post about what I learned last night. Vernon Wall (an NCSU grad) was the keynote speaker at NACURH 2009 last night. He talked about social justice. He began his comments by asking the students if they had connected their heads to their hearts. I thought this message is important for all of us. Sometimes in life we have experienced things but we have not experienced life. My example of this would be when you have listened to a story or speach all your life but when the head connects with the heart is when you have heard. So my question to you is are you listening and if you are has the message connected your head and heart.

More to come later!

Grace and peace,
Wylie

No comments: