Pages

12.20.2008

Resting

Along life's struggles, the path can be burdensome, painful, and tiring. Resting can sometimes be hard. With this thought it leads me to a great message for me today. I have been meaning to write in my journal about the message during Lydda Grace's baptism, however, still I have not accomplished that task. So today is the day!

Lydda Grace was baptised on October 5, 2008 and the message of that sermon was from Hebrews 3:7-19 was about entering the rest of Jesus Christ. Jesus provides rest for both the present day (rest for our souls) and the life to come (eternal rest). What an encouragement this is for my family as we are in the hospital with my dad. As believers we are to be diligent to believe. The greatest struggle in life is not what to wear tomorrow, or what christmas gifts to buy, or what we are to eat for the next meal but is to believe that God the Father raised Jesus from dead and believe Jesus is Lord. Oh may our minds focus on the one and only God. The great news for believers comes from the mouth of our Lord,

"I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:25-30

My heart rejoices in this good news. My prayer is to remember the Jesus has revealed the Father to me and Jesus gives me rest. What an encouragement! May all who read this realize if you are burdened like me you can find rest in one and only Jesus Christ.

Grace and peace,
Jonathan P. Wylie

No comments: