Pages

12.19.2008

Favorite Christmas Recipes

So I thought with the spirit of Christmas I would share some of my favorite recipes from past Christmas':

On a side note, I could not find the plural form of Christmas, so I decided to look it up using swagbucks and I got a buck searching for "what is the plural form of Christmas"! So, I went with the apostrophe because my mother says that makes Christmas plural.

Here are the much awaited recipes:

Dad's Cheese Ball
2 - 8oz softened cream cheese
1 - 15oz crushed pineapple - well drained
1 - tbl chopped onion
1 - medium green pepper chopped
dash of seasoning salt
2 lbs chopped pecans

mix all ingredients together including 1 lb of chopped pecans and then crust outside with remaining pecans and chill overnight. Serve with crackers.

Aunt Kay's Coffee
6 cups dark thick brewed coffee
8oz can sweetened condensed milk
squirt in Hershey chocolate syrup (when you think you have enough put more in)

Shake well in jar and serve chilled

Mrs Scott's Russian Tea -- in a big stock pot:
1 cup sugar
2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
6 cups water

bring all these ingredients up on low heat to dissolve sugar - never boil - will spoil taste
add:
2-3 sticks whole cinnamon
1 tbl whole all spices
2 whole cloves (added by Aunt Clair)

-- meanwhile:
1.5 cups hot water with 2 family tea bags steeped until strong

add tea to pot and stir -- the longer you leave the spices in, then the more spicy the Russian Tea becomes

Brian Hopkin's Taco Salad

1 head of lettuce
1 lb. of ground meat
2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos's (crushed)
Tomatoes (amount as desired, I usually buy cherry tomatoes and use the whole container)Creamy Italian dressing (Ranch can be used as well)

Then just mix it all together. Here are some other notes:Let the ground meat cool before adding it to the salad and strain it well. I usually make it the day before and let it refrigerate over night. Don't crush the chips too much and add them shortly before mixing (they can get soggy quickly).

I hope all enjoy these recipes. If you wanted to share your special recipes with Emily and I we would appreciate it.

Grace and peace,
Jonathan P. Wylie

No comments: