Pages

3.18.2008

i tried CVS

So I have been reading a lot about how to "do" CVS. As in how to use their coupons and ECBs to get stuff for almost free. Yesterday we tried it. We stopped at the CVS in Clemson and got an ECB card and starting looking at the deals (plus I had already printed some coupons to bring with). I got so confused we just left and went to Aldi! But, on the way back into Clemson we stopped again. I got:
Colgate Total: on sale for 2.99
2- 12 packs of toilet paper: on sale for 6.49
I used a $5/$15 CVS coupon, and a $1.50 Colgate coupon, so we paid a little over $10 for all of this. This is even cheaper than you can buy TP at Aldis!
The only problem is... I didn't get any ECBs back!!! and that was part of the whole point of starting at CVS in the first place! Oh well, it was still a good deal, and hopefully I can keep trying and build my confidence up!

3 comments:

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Okay, so this sounds very interesting to me as well. But...I'm a little confused. What is ECB? And where do you get coupons?

Anonymous said...

Em......if you are talking about CVS, the pharmacy, we have their extra savings card and it is wonderful. We get all kinds of coupons that print off everytime we go and then once you spend a certain amount you get a coupon for extra bucks that you can spend on anything in the store except prescriptions. In the flier that comes in the Sunday paper, it tells some special items that if you buy that you immediately get a savings of $$$. Keep trying. It is good and we save lots of money there. I love the coupons for the Tylenol and if we have one from the paper too, we can get Tylenol close to FREE!

Mom Wylie

Anonymous said...

If you (or friends) need cheep drugs... which you guys are very healthy so you probably don't, BUT if the need ever comes up here are my recomendations:
Walmart and Target: 30 day supply for $4 per Rx
Publix: selected antibiotics FREE

But remember your pharmacist can keep you safest if you have all Rx at one pharmacy... happy shopping :)