Pages

3.21.2008

before and after

We were very blessed to have the chance to have our apartment painted COLORS here at Clemson! This was super exciting for me and I had a lot of fun picking colors out. The painters painted on Wednesday so Jon and I came back that night to see how everything looked.

The baby's room was aqua, just like we wanted. (And the curtain is being changed, that is what was there when we got here).


Our room was a nice grayish, greenish, blue. (Again, the curtain is being changed out).


And the dining area and kitchen were green.... NOT like we wanted AT ALL!!!!

Wow... I was in total shock. (Completely overreacted, so much so that I apologized to Jon about it later!) We still are not sure how this happened. I checked with the swatch I had requested and it is definitely not the same thing! So... Thursday I went to Sherwin Williams and picked out a new color. Not the original green I picked out... not this lovely seafoam color.... but a new color and today we painted!

Here is Jon working away. This was his first realy painting gig and he did an awesome job!

And HERE is the finished product!! YAY for new paint!!!!



3 comments:

Meredith said...

I love the colors you picked out! You guys did an awesome job of painting - John & my first experience with painting didn't look half as good as that!! :)

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Yay! The painting looks beautiful!! I have to admit--the first kitchen color did make me laugh--I just keep imagining your reaction!! John did a great job fixing it!! Can't wait to see it in person.

JJ said...

we did the exact same thing in our last house. We picked out colors that looked beautiful on the swatches and after painting we had a horrific lime green bedroom and a blindingly pink bathroom. We ended up paiting them beige before we moved out. Lesson learned, the color on the swatch may be pretty, but that doesn't mean it will be pretty on a wall.