Pages

8.25.2011

married


Lydda Grace loves to play "married"... it strikes at random moments, usually when I wash sheets and she wraps up in one for her "married dress." Today it's a pink blanket and she walks around holding it up with one hand.... it's very important for it to have a "draggin'" tail (or dragon tail?). Who she is marrying changes. Here's her running commentary.....

"I don't have to marry myself, someone can marry me, will Wade marry me?"
"First we'll pray and then we'll get married"
"He can be the ring boy, he can hold the ring... but we need a pillow to hold the ring, pillows be in the wedding."
"How 'bout we pretend my rolling pin is my ring"
"I need REAL flowers, will you go pick me some real flowers for my wedding?"
"Are you making the cake, we need a cake, and a pie, we're having a pie!"
"We need a list, give me a list..... I think we need some plans on the list, I think we need go to a store, I can push the buggy"
"I don't know how to put my married dress on, it keeps falling off, I hold it so it can't fall."
"I don't want music at my wedding, only parties are going to be here, maybe we're not going to have mean people in the party, nope we're not, the list says no bad people, I won't let bad people come in our party, only us can stay in the party."
"Can someone marry me?!"
"I was confusing, Wade was going to marry me, you are the ring girl, not you, YOU!"
"We have to make the cake first, will you make the cake with me Mama?"

Excuse me, I'm going to go make a wedding cake now.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

so adorably precious. best part...'a list, we need plans on the list.' pretty amazing that she knows that is part of a wedding!!