Pages

8.29.2011

made by LG

This is Lydda Grace's latest project, her creation book (thanks for the idea Cat!). Last week we talked a lot about Creation and had fun making a book for each day using different art supplies. (just a tip, I put printer paper in an old manila folder and sew a seam along the edge to hold the pages in, she loves them and they're great for little projects!) She really got into it and asked every morning when she woke up if she could do her Creation book that day. We also had a lot of fun on walks really identifying and praising God for all the amazing things He created!









For Day 7 we talked about how God's creation was "very good" and how He rested. We talked about what we don on Sundays and how God calls us to rest too. Somehow LG made a jump from this, I still can't figure out how it happened.... she started crying and talking about not wanting to go to heaven. I picked her up and held her and she just cried and kept saying "I want to stay here in my house forever!" over and over again! I tried explaining to her how wonderful heaven will be and that Mama and Dada will be there too.... but when I think about it... I can't even grasp or picture glory, much less figure out how to convey that to a three year old! She constantly amazes me with the questions and concerns that are important to her little mind and heart at this age and I am regularly humbled as I so often don't know what to say.

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Glad you guys made it through the book. I couldn't for the life of me convince Krieg to finish!

The Dellingers said...

This is such a great idea!!! It touched my heart to hear how you are teaching your children to praise the Lord for His creation...wished we lived closer so we could get the kids together!