Pages

5.10.2011

dear Wade

Dear Wade,

Also known as Wadsie, Wadester, Wade-a-ruski (or just Ruski), Wade-a-rama, or as your big sister calls you, Little Buddy. You are one year old today!! As I sit here typing this I kind of in shock. I knew this day was creeping up on us very quickly, but now that it's here I am overwhelmed.

This morning Dada, Lydda Grace and I all ran into your bedroom singing "Happy Birthday" to get you up! You loved it and bounced around in your crib and clapped your hands... I cried!

While these last twelve months have passed so quickly, at the same time it is hard to remember life without you. You are such a happy boy! You love to laugh and talk(very loudly at times!). You have lately taken to lunging toward people or toys that you want, which often ends up with you face-planting on the floor. One of my favorite things that you do these days is to crawl over to me (or Dada), get up halfway in our laps then turn around, lay your head down on our leg, suck your thumb and just lay there. You'll do this in the middle of playing, like you just need a little break every once in a while. I love that you get so excited about little things, like clapping, peek a boo, or kisses on your belly.

You are a great eater now, even though you still only have two teeth (bottom). Your favorites are banana, cheese, pears and crackers... and any kind of sweet bread, like muffins or pancakes.

It seems like recently you are starting to truly play. You love balls and are good at throwing them, and other things! You also are doing well now with rolling cars on the ground, hammering with a hammer and things like that. Your favorite thing to do though seems to be whatever Lydda Grace is doing.

It makes mine and Dada's hearts so happy that you and your big sister love each other so much and we pray that it will always stay that way... I'm sure y'all will have your moments as you grow... but we are trusting that the special bond you have will always keep you as sweet friends.

My baby boy... with your bright blue eyes, quick smile, soft blond hair, chubby hands and feet, happy chatter and loving heart... I love you more than you will ever know. I sometimes catch my breath when you do something particularly precious and I am overcome that the Lord has blessed me so much to allow me to be your Mama. My prayer is that you would keep your joy all your life, but that as you grow you would learn that this joy you have is not of yourself, it is a gift of grace found only in Jesus.

Dada and I love you bunches!

Love,
Mama

No comments: