Pages

11.23.2010

in which i try to get free Christmas cards and end up crying

I have great memories of photo Christmas cards…. as in I don’t have a memory of a Christmas where we didn’t make and send them! It started out with just me and my sisters…. I think we got mom and dad in the picture a couple years. Now there are 10 of us in the picture for this year!


There was always the dilemma of where to take the picture, what we should wear, how we should fix our hair (I can remember one year in particular where my hair was particularly bad!!), etc. But in the end THE picture was taken and mailed out to family and friends every year.


Looking back our Christmas card pictures great stories about our family. There’s one where you can’t tell it from the picture but we all know that Bethany was being bribed with Cheerios to stay still. There’s the one where my hair was a nightmare… and those glasses…. Yikes!! We took many Christmas card pictures on the steps… the inside steps… the outside steps…. Almost every other year there we were on the steps. There’s a picture (or maybe two…) where we’re under the arbor that Dad built at the old house. There were Christmas cards with pictures from each of our weddings. I think my favorite card is the one where we’re all sitting on a swing at the park, it was the first time we were all together and Jon and I had the chance to tell Rebekah, Bethany and Javier that we were expecting Lydda Grace!


Last year we started doing our own photo Christmas cards, in addition to the one that Mom and Dad still do. And it’s fun for me to think that Lydda Grace and Wade will be able to look back on them someday and have memories like I have around something that is so seemingly small.


All of this to say that I actually am blogging this post because Shutterfly.com is offering an amazing promotion for bloggers to get 50 free photo cards for blogging about their holiday card collection... Shutterfly's card collection... not mine.


So I set out to do my obligatory blog post to get my 50 free cards and in the process got all teary! What was supposed to be a mere 150 word post is now closer to 400 words! And I haven’t even written yet about what I’m supposed to say for Shutterfly!!


In a nutshell, Shutterfly.com has great holiday photo cards… seriously… I’m not just saying it to get the 50 free. I think my favorite card so far is this “Joy and Love” one. I love that it has room for lots of pictures, and narrowing it down to one photo is never an easy task. But I also really appreciate it’s simple message.


I’ve included some photos of other cards that I like. But there are tons (and when I say tons, I mean close to 200) to choose from.


You can go HERE to check out their Christmas Photo Cards.

Or HERE to see Holiday Cards in general.

Or lastly if you are a little belated in sending out your cards they have a great New Years selection HERE.

So thanks to Shutterfly for this great deal thus causing me to write this blog post and have a sweet little time of reflection. And thanks to all our readers for putting up with my ramblings so we can get free Christmas cards. I promise the next post will have pictures of Lydda Grace and Wade (which I know is the only reason you come to this blog in the first place!) instead of these other random children and families (however cute they may be).

No comments: