Pages

8.05.2010

birthday bash

We had grand plans for a fun morning at the park with family and friends for Lydda Grace's second birthday. However, due to threatening thunderstorms we decided to just hang out here at the apartment.

The Caldwells, Smiths and Snipes came, as well as BeBe and PopPop and Granna Wylie. We pretty much just let the kids run around and play and ate cake.

Lydda Grace really got into the cake this year! Jon and I went to get her up singing happy birthday with a mini cupcake and candle in the morning. She ate it right away and then we gave her another mini cupcake for breakfast. I had this amazing plan in my head for a dog cake for her and I designed the template and everything but stuff just never quite turns out how I envision it... oh well, it still tasted like cake!

Overall it was a really fun day! Thanks to all who celebrated with us (and thanks to Carson for the photos!)
I made Lydda Grace a bunch of felt food for her birthday present. It was fun to make!
Everybody got into tasting the felt food!





3 comments:

Rebekah said...

javier & i love the cake!! i think it turned it out great. :) looks like everyone had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Lydda Grace..........you rock! I love watching you dance. You have so much fun dancing. Your cake was really good. Your mom did a great job designing it for you. You blew your candles out all by yourself! Coming to your party was so much fun and it was fun to see you playing with your friends. I love you lots....Granna Wylie

The Dellingers said...

I agree...the cake looked great!! Thanks for sharing the pics, Lydda Grace is such a doll! Happy Birthday!