Pages

1.14.2010

lately

I have not been doing very well at posting regularly. It seems to come in spurts.

Lydda Grace is so much fun.... do I say that every time I post?! She really does seem to become more animated and her personality is coming through every day. She is talking a lot more and has picked up more signs. We are really starting to see how even though she can't always answer us or express herself she understands A LOT of what we say and ask her. She is also becoming more willful, like when I say, "Okay Lydda Grace we're going to go change your diaper now." She'll try to run away from me. She is also getting interested in the potty which is great b/c we're hoping to train her early and have heard that is sometimes possible, especially for kids who are in cloth diapers like she is. So far we have one episode where she asked to sit on the potty and actually went. Usually she just likes to sit there!

We recently had some of our University provided furniture moved out to make way for some hand me downs from family. We're trying to collect our own things so that we'll be able to furnish our own place when that "some day" comes! In the meantime Jon and I slept in the living room on the mattress from Lydda Grace's room. She had SO much fun playing on it and the next morning she ran out to see if it was still there!!

In pictures:
We have REAL pigtails!

Coloring at her new table.

Lydda Grace really got into helping me cook today!

All packed and ready to go!
Lydda Grace is spending tomorrow and tomorrow night with her Aunt BekBek and Uncle HaHa (Javier- she seriously calls him HaHa). This is her first time away from us overnight ever!! I'm looking forward to some focused time to get things done at home but am going to miss this sweet girl!! This is her trial run for when BekBek and HaHa keep her while we're in the hospital when the new baby comes.

1 comment:

Bill & Stacie said...

What type of cloth diapers do you use? I love mine! I say don't rush potty training because a lot of times kids revert when siblings come. But I would agree that cloth diapered babies get it quicker.