Pages

6.18.2009

What is your perspective?

Each day I try to remind not only myself but Emily and LG about seeing God in the small things. A couple of weeks ago, Emily, LG, and I went in on a yard sale with some friends (Emily did a post about this).


Well as we were going through stuff to sell, we came across an old world map that Emily had while at Clemson. We had been wanting to get it framed but never did. It sat in a closet the whole time we were at VT and since we had been back to Clemson. As we happened upon this map a couple of weeks ago, Emily and I had the idea to put this picture of the world on our wall. Here it is:


As this picture has been on the wall for a while now, it has hit me. I always think about me. What is going to happen to me today? It never crossed my mind to think about others. This little (or big) map has challenged my out of sight out of mind perspective. There is more than just me and my family in the world. As I looked up the statistics for this post I found there to be about 6,787,364,168 (6 billion). So my question for us today is "What is your perspective?" Are you thinking just about yourself or are you other focused?

No comments: