Pages

2.06.2008

updates

While we certainly miss our VT family and friends we are loving being back in Clemson. Jon's job as an Area Coordinator is just what he was looking for and he has commented several times on how much he loves this new position. Lots of folks keep asking if we're "settled" and the answer is yes! We are very much settled in. There are still one or two boxes tucked in closets here and there but nothing major or urgent. We are enjoying getting involved at Clemson Pres and I'm doing a fantastic Women's Bible study on Wednesday mornings. Jon is doing an early morning men's study on Fridays and we've joined up with the same growth group we attended before we left which is great!

In baby news... the baby is doing great! At our appointment this past Monday the heartbeat was strong and everything looks good. We're having our next ultrasound on March 4th. This would be the time that we could find out if it's a boy or girl, but, we have decided to be surprised! Jon's gut feeling is that it's a girl... I don't really have a gut... we're looking forward to finding out in a little under 6 months. I'm feeling much better now and my energy is really returning for the most part which is a huge blessing.

3 comments:

Mary Catherine said...

Hi Emily!
Congratulation on your little blessing! I found your blog through Ashley's and just wanted to let you know I'm excited for you. :) I think it is neat that you and Jon are waiting to find out. Will and I waited to find out and it was the most wonderful experience to be surprised and hear the doctor say..."It a girl!"

The Addison Onion said...

congrats emily! i'm so glad you are back in the area :)

JJ said...

We're so excited for you guys. Praise the Lord! It is definitely tough to wait and find out when they are born, but worth it. I remember when Joseph was born and the midwife placed him on Kami's chest, we still didn't know if it was a boy or girl. Then Kami asked and I looked and told her we had another boy. I thought it was really special that the midwife let me be the one that told Kami.