Pages

4.22.2007

update 4

Yesterday I (Emily) had the priviledge of attending the memorial service for Rachael Hill, one of the victims in Norris Hall. I traveled to Richmond with one of my colleagues for the service and am so thankful I was able to participate in this even though Rachael was not one of my advisees. This was the most God-honoring funeral/memorial I have ever attended. Rachael was an 18 year old student who was truly a woman after God's heart. As her classmates shared, many of them quoted letters and emails that Rachael herself had written. In all of them she focused on her love of Christ and His love for her, her joy in the Lord and her longing and hope in her heavenly home. After Rachael's friends shared, her parents each stood in front of hundreds of people and shared about the life of their only child, just hours after burying her. The testimony of Rachael's life was both challenging and encouraging. It was a powerful day and I look forward to seeing how the Lord will use the example of Rachael's life to reach others with the hope of Christ!!

No comments: