Pages

12.05.2006

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

And it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas here in Blacksburg- we're talking in the 20s on my way to work in the morning with windchill in the teens. Yikes! Now I'm happily sitting at my office sipping hot chai and listening to my heater make funny noises... at least it's working. Jon is continually getting picked on for his complete lack of toleration for cold. He went to homegroup a while back in his big winter coat and they laughed at him because they had just taken their baby out earlier without even a sweater on. Poor Jon. Fortunately for him he's going to Arizona later this week. I wonder if they decorate the cacti with lights out there... maybe he can take some pictures of that! Speaking of Christmas lights... this time of year wherever I am going I tend to think of all lights as Christmas lights. Traffic lights... street lamps... car headlights... yea! Everyone is celebrating! That really makes me think about how even ordinary things cry out in praise to the Lord.
"...the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen, saying, "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest!" Some of the Pharisees from the multitude said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" He answered them, "I tell you that if these were silent, the stones would cry out."- Luke 19:37-40
It's like now even the street lamps are trying to say that it is Christmas, the Light of the World has come and brought Light into the darkness.

No comments: